Croeso i Wefan Gwarchodfa Dylluanod Parc yr Wyl!
- Myself and my young daughter often visit as we live so close. We were lucky enough to hold a barn owl on our last visit, a very exciting adventure for a 3 year old! She INSISTED on telling EVERYONE all about it when we got home! Next time my parents are visiting from Norfolk we're going to bring them along.
- Gina Childs, Ebbw Vale
- Our 2 year old is very excited and can't wait to visit.
- Steve, Somerset
- I loved visiting the sanctuary during my half term, it was great to see the owls up close! The small cute boy was kind and told me all about the fantastic birds you have there. Thanks!
- Jennifer, Brynmawr
- My family visited during half term week. Malcolm and Wayne were very helpful and told the children a lot about the owls. We also had a guided tour. We would like to thank you both very much. Its a shame there are not more places like yours where the staff will spend the time to talk to you. Well done and good luck in the future.
- Victoria, Brighton
- As a regular visitor i never fail to be amazed with the wonderful array of birds, and how well they are looked after, as a bird keeper myself i appreciate this. Good luck to all.
- graham holl, Ebbw VALE
- The owls were great and it was fun holding them!
We liked stroking Ruby the barn owl and Bertie a small owl
- Hannah, Rachel and Sarah, Swindon, Wiltshire, England
- Had a lovely time and certainly want to come back. Held Alfie the barn owl and he wad so sweet I could have taken him home.
- Charlotte Kane, Oakdale, Gwent
- We visited the sanctuary for the second time last weekend and loved it just as much. Malcolm is a fantastic and friendly man who makes everyone as welcome as can be. It is an honour and a privilege be be able to see and even hold such magnificent birds in such beautiful surroundings. Keep up the good work we will see you again soon.
- Chris Jenkins, Weymouth
- What a wonderful place and superb work being carried out. I was very impressed with the place, the warm welcome but, most of all the fact that the owls looked happy. I felt honoured to be so close to owls that in the wild would not be so easily visible, to share their life for a few moments was indeed a treat.
- Conrad Burt, Falkirk
- One word, FANTASTIC.
- Paul Booth, Caerphilly
- An excellent facility doing excellent work. Children truly enjoyed. Malcolm and the team make you feel very welcome and his knowledge is second to none. Keep up the good work. We will be visiting each time we go to festival park.
- Dean Melhuish, Aberdare
- We bought our 3 lovebirds to be looked after here and were in no doubt that they would be very well loved and cared for. The owners, workers and volunteers we're so friendly and the birds were not only beautiful, but chatty and sociable! Well worth a visit....and not just for our lovebirds!
- Anna Phillips, Cardiff
- Since we was children we have visited the owl sanctuary...
Still so nice to see the good work & amazing birds! :)
- catherine & bev, Brynmawr
- whilst on holiday with my two daughters and husband we visited the sanctuary. the staff were very very friendly and allowed my daughters to each hold the owl called ben. he also shared his knowledge of these birds and my daughters were delighted. keep up the good work and thank you very very much for sharing your knowledge
- paula avey, sunderland
- We went to Abergavenny Steam Rally today and held an owl each, It was really fun holding the owl and you couldn't even feel much! We would love to do it again.
- Ffion and Samuel Wood, Isle of Wight
- The place was great, well visit!
- Masaru Jungo, Japan
- I have always been interested in birds so this was a real treat for me. I really enjoyed it here. It was nice to see that birds are being cared for so well. Today I had the opportunity to handle a barn owl and talk to Malcolm, the owner. I would recommend a visit, as I will definitely visit again with my mum and dad.
- Jacob Mansell, Pencoed
- I visited the sanctuary in late November, while visiting my mother in Rogerstone. It was so fascinating, I brought my son to see it a week later. He works for the National Wildlife Federation in Washington DC.
- Terence Brockbank, New York City
- Visited again today, but this time with the kids. Malcolm let both of them hold Houdini (an Eagle Owl) and a Barn Owl. They've talked of nothing else since. In fact, my youngest has been drawing pictures of Houdini ever since we got home - she says he's the best bird ever!
Thanks Malcolm, it looks like we've recruited another lover of these amazing birds!
- Tim Grahame, United Kingdom
- I have only visited this site once but will be a frequent visitor in the future. I will be recommending it to friends and relatives as well.
- John Truscott, Merthyr Tydfil
Why not visit the Owl Sanctuary Festival Park, where we have over 50 birds of prey, including Owls, Hawks, Falcons and Buzzards.
The Owl Sanctuary Festival Park is situated in the Festival Park, which held the last British Garden Festival of 1992, which is located in the Ebbw Valley.
While you are here, check out our fantastic gallery full of photographs taken by staff and the public. Why not add your own?
UPDATE - The Sanctuary is Open to the Public
The Owl Sanctuary at the Festival Park has been granted a Zoo License and is open to the general public. Please feel free to come and visit our Sanctuary and see our wonderful birds of prey. Please sign our visitors book, we like to hear what you think about the sanctuary and the web site!